Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The MET Gala 2012 Best Dressed(LATE POST)

Last year, I was so excited over the MET Gala, not because I went(because I didn't :P) but because of the red carpet arrival of all who were invited. I was so giddy over everyone's outfits that I made this post.

But this year, what happened? Everyone is so....safe. BORING even. Ang sad. But anyways, since most who attended the MET gala looked somber, I'll talk about the ones who stood out for me. :D

 Dressed that stood out--in a Good Way


1. Beyonce in Givenchy

I especially loved her train. It's like she just came from a flood of ube jam and it stained the feathers of the train. Lavett


2. Rihanna in Tom Ford

What do you wear to this year's MET Gala when you're known to shock everyone with your outfit every year? Simple. Something simple and Rihanna did just that. BUT there's is a line between simple with impact and simple na safe and Rihanna was the former. I love the exotic leather....but I know PETA isn't on the same page ;)


3. Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe

 The MET Gala is the perfect place to wear something like this. It's fashion forward and different. J'Adore! The fact that Rachel Zoe designed this dress was a plus.

4. Anja Rubik in Anthony Vaccarello

People didn't really dig the overexposure, but I think she looks stunning in her dress. Parang dyosa! I love her sexy footwear, too! Caution: You must be a supermodel to pull this look of off. And fashion tape is a must so your zebra(or peacock, if you're a boy) won't be seen!


5. Lana Del Rey in Joseph Altuzzarra

Out of everyone in the MET, Lana's my favorite. I like the contrast her vampy cape and makeup gave to her sparkly gown. I also loved how her accessories were kept simple.


6. Christina Ricci in Thakoon

She's always dramatic when it comes to her choices for the MET and this year was  no exception. The exag bow was diviiiiine.


7. Cate Blanchett in Alexander McQueen

She looks like a glam feather duster.  'Nuff said


8. Bianca Brandolini D'Adda in Dolce Gabbana

The Italian socialite's dress is blinding me with all the gold sparkles, which is a good thing because I'd rather feel that than eeing something boring that would just break my heart.


9. Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior

She could've stepped it up a notch with her hair and makeup(like a dark lip which is so uso now) , but he looks like a magical genie dressed in designer gossamer.



10. Mia Wasikowska in Prada

I looove this dress. It's preppy, yet glam.


11. Kate Bosworth in Prada

I normally hate her style, but I actually loved her whole look here. The dress is actually a mix of navy and burgundy feathers but it ends up looking like it's purple. Cool noh?


12. Carey Mulligan in Miu Miu

This dress is actually made from magical fish scales that could grant her a spot in everyone's best dressed list. No kidding.



13. Alexa Chung in Marc Jacobs


Very androgynous and interesting. The boxy polo, the body-con leather dress and the big clutch go together somehow.



14. Victoria Justice in McQ by Alexander McQueen

Maybe it could be mistaken for a frock meant for garden proms, but I love that it's dramatic yet it suits her age. 



15. Ivanka Trump in Peter Pilotto


The cut-outs and print are so cool and futuristic.



Honorable mentions:

 Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady


For being the best dressed couple :D




 Camilla Belle

I want that grunge dark lipstick na tuloy :P



Kate Upton

She literally made me forget that she posed for Playboy. (LOL NO) But I did love her makeup look here. Especially the brows and the lipstick.


Emma Stone

For surviving poisssibly the worst fashion dilemma of all. (Poor Lanvin dress)

 Marc Jacobs

For making indecent exposure look like it's in fashion no matter how much laws there are against it.




Carine Roitfeld

For being Carine Roitfeld(and wearing those shoes). :D




2 comments:

  1. Kung lean lang ang legs ko, susuotin ko yung dress ni Anja Rubik.

    Anyway, uso ang very deep neckline ngayon noh? yung abot pusod. Pati side boobs exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Pero some people make it look tasteful instead of cheap. lol

    ReplyDelete