Thursday, March 31, 2011

PEETA, PLEASE!!!!

I am not the hugest fan of The Hunger Games(but I technically am), but boy, am I obsessed with whom they're gonna cast for the film adaptation!

Katniss Everdeen



Katniss Everdeen is the only character so far with a confirmed actress to play the part: Jennifer Lawrence. Seriously? She's a great actress and all(LOOK AT THAT OSCAR NOMINATION! AT ONLY 20!), but it's just that she's, uhm, 20!!!! Katniss is 16. Can't they cast a teen actress? We all know the power of Hollywood acting and makeup(Bette Davis played a role of an 18 year old once for a movie even though she was really 30 then! But she's an exception for me because Bette was known for her youthful looks and convincing acting which seem to deceive many). Almost everyone wanted Kaya Scodelario(who's hot and looks more like Katniss and hello, 18 years old po sya!). But let see how the film goes with Jennifer. I read an article in IMDB not too long ago about how the writer has expressed dislike for Lawrence top play Katniss but at the same time, is happy and thrilled to see what Lawrence would do. "I think they made the right call choosing an actress who could portray Katniss' spirit to a T, rather than someone who plays it ok and looks the part," she wrote. I agree, but the ''look'' still matters for me but let's just see what will happen. I could see a little Katniss in Jennifer though I'm quite iffy about the casting directors' picking her but I could care less about that because I care more about......

PEETA MELLARK

ajhwfdkeahdiehirfekljhfkjfkldsjfksdjfklsjdfsjahkhwueiwhdiwfhcskdjsj

Okay. That was crazy. XDD BUT ANYWAYSSS, Peeta. THE Peeta. Peeta Peeta Peeta. The said shortlist for Peeta's role consist of Hunter Parrish(whom THG fans seem to want), Josh Hutcherson(whom THG fans seem to want BEFORE Jennifer Lawrence was even cast), Lucas Till, Evan Peters(Don't fucking know him) and Alexander Ludwig. I'm glad Alex Pettyfer and Chord Overstreet isn't a part of it but anyway(But Chord seems to have the love from THG fans, unlike Pettyfer), TEAM LUDWIG ALL THE WAY. Maybe I'm biased(my best friend thinks so, too)because I've been a longtime fan of his even though he doesn't have a huge body of work under his belt unlike the others(except Evan Peters because I don't effing know him) but he's perfect! He just is! For the role, at least ;)



Blonde hair, blue eyes, stocky build. And he's 6 feet tall(according to IMDB) which makes sense because Jennifer Lawrence is a stunner herself (5'7). He's a really great actor, too and not all THG fans see that because of his short credentials(seriously? Watch The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising. I fell in love with his performance there). But whether you have the most credits in terms of work or not, getting the role of Peeta is definitely gonna make the actor who plays it very famous and it's about time for Alexander Ludwig.

Hunter Parrish, on the other hand, is the frontrunner so far. I am afraid that since they accepted an older actress for Katniss, they just might cast 23 year old Parrish as well



GALE HAWTHORNE


Seriously, I dunno who I want for Gale. Been concentrating on who'll they'll cast for Peeta. XDD And it doesn't seem to get as much buzz as casting for Peeta so yeah whatever. :P But I'm excited to see who they'll pick, though since I like dark haired guys. Hahaha. TMI. XDD

My best friend asked me how come age seems to be a factor to me when they cast for whoever character in The Hunger Games film. Truth be told, the fact that it will still remain true to the book(which was targeted to teens, BTW) when they cast actors who are ACTUALLY teenagers(because the characters are teenagers. Duh). If you have watched book to movie stuff, almost always the script of the movie is way different than the book in terms of its characters and events. I mean, if you have watched The Seeker: The Dark is Rising, Will Stanton was 14 when actually in the book he is only 11 or in the film adaption of Flipped they chose a blonde green eyed actor to portray Bryce(Callan McAuliffe. I STILL LOVE YOU, THOUGH) when it perfectly stated in the pages of my fave book that Bryce had black hair and blue eyes and the setting of the plot was during the present and NOT in the 50's. I am just afraid that the script writers will change the THG's story line just in favor for the actors that were cast(which always happens) when it should just be true to the book's plot. Just sayin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment