Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's the Oscars, Baby. :bd

Ahhhh, the Academy Awards 2011. Much has changed since the first one in 1929 but still some stuff have remained the same: guys wearing tuxedos; girls in gowns so nice it makes me feel alive but so expensive I die and a red carpet long enough to cover EDSA than my house. Anyway, this year was definitely different from the ones before because the hosts are James Franco and Anne Hathaway who are a breather from the usual comedian or award-winning actor who has slow comedic timing from hosts the AMPAS(Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) chooses most of the time.



Seeing the two during the beginning of the show was breathtaking. Two really beautiful people together hosting the Academy Awards? Haaaay. I LOLed at James' grandmother, whom when she was called out from the audience by Franco she said "I saw Marky Mark." Hehehe. The opening montage of the two was funny. Anne Hathaway's brown duck dance to the Black Swan herself Natalie Portman was that LOL moment that still made me go "Uhm...huh?"




One of the categories presented first in the show was the Best Supporting category presented by Kirk Douglas whom I must say was hilarious regardless of his aged speech. I hope he could represent again next year and poke fun at Colin Firth(who won Best Actor later on the show, FYI) for being British. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA


I couldn't find a pic of him that night so instead I put up a pic na lang of him when he was younger and papable-er. :)

Another thing that kept me up(even if the live telecast of the Oscars is at around lunchtime here in the PI) was Anne Hathaway's numerous wardrobe change. I demand to know who was her stylist(100% sure it's Rachel Zoe who should've been on maternity leave) because she looked HOT in every gown(and a tux) she sported.



The Best Picture category was won by The King's Speech. Everyone probably thought it would've been The Social Network and I wished it was Toy Story 3, but we're speaking about the AMPAS and they sometimes come out with the unexpected although this time I'm quite happy with their choice.



Sadly, this entry about the Oscars is kinda short because damn ABS-CBN cut off the telecast right after the Best Picture category to make way for that Wahoo, Wohoo Whatever show(don't care what the real name is)they usually show at noon. Well, Studio 23 will replay the Academy Awards tonight and I don't mind sitting though a great awards show again. :)

4 comments:

  1. hi! saw your blog sa candy mag,, follow ,e also.. ^^ http://thewheatgrasproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. sure. :) Thanks again for following

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah.. anne hathaway is really awesome.
    i really love her.

    follow me too. :)
    http://im-lloyddee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Yeah, Anne Hathaway's awesome. I've always liked her since The Princess Diaries.

    ReplyDelete