Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Valentine's Day, Bitches.

Whenever Valentine's Day comes around, I usually feel either indifferent about the occasion or just plain frustrated in a sense na mas worse naman ang situation ko kasi it's even worse than not being attached on the day of hearts: I am broke. :)) WALA AKONG PERAAAAAAA

Funny I say that(even if last Christmas I bought a ton of makeup every time I go to the mall and am a compulsive shopper, much to my wallet's dismay), but what's a single and financially low girl to do on Valentine's?

Simple: Do nothing. A day where I simply do NADA activities whatsoever. But Valentine's Day falls on a Monday and that's usually the busiest day of the week for most people but that can be dealt with. Maybe I can do something. Something stupid.

On Valentine's Day, I plan to make use of all the makeup I bought out of compulsion and pressure from the SA's and make myself up. So what if I won't go out? At least here at home I am sure that sweat and (the occasional) rain won't smear my lovely war paint. And that little black dress I bought for only 50 pesos when it's value is a thousand times more than that? Off from the closet and on to my body. So what if I spill something on my dress when I'm perfectly aware of the dry clean label on the back? Okay lang yan. And those gold heels that are a pain to wear not because of the heel height but because the slingback straps keep falling over? Problem solved: bought those clear gel strips that ensure you that shoe straps stay in, not slip out.

But with the ultra hot weather here in Manila that's a stark contrast to the New York snowy atmosphere that's far from Winter Wonderland, maybe my plans for playing dress up at home on V-Day won't push through(Did I mention that my LBD was 100% Polyester? :D).

But I think it will be fine, nonetheless. Maybe I'm just not meant to celebrate Valentine's Day the way it's meant to be celebrated but come on, is there supposed to be a certain way to celebrate it? I beg to differ. I think there are tons of ways to celebrate it just as there are tons of different people with different love statuses in the world. Maybe Valentine's Day for me--even with all the buzz it usually gets when it's right around the corner--is just another Monday and next year it will just another Tuesday or Wednesday. But maybe I won't think of it that way years from now but that's only a maybe. :)



But for now, I will laugh out loud at this super funny Valentine's Day song appropriately named "Super Funny Valentine's Day Song" :D

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Ate Gill :)
    Saw the link to your blog on Teentalk :)

    That's a nice song, btw. HAHAHA <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. I have a comment? cool. Well, I know it's kinda late but happy belated Valentine's day, too. :)

    ReplyDelete