Wednesday, February 2, 2011

FRIEND REQUEST: IGNORED. :(. WHY IT SUCKS BUT THEN...WALA LANG. :))

Me: "Please tell me another good reason why I should add him..."

Friend: "Because he's a nice person and he won't kill you if you add him. Just do it. :)"


Easy peasy. I was doing something that I totally have never done before. Something actually against my will(LOL). I was about to add a person who I'm quite sure won't accept my friend request. Why the negative thinking? Well, it's because I don't know this guy very well and I'm quite sure he was unaware of my existence, too. And oh, I forgot to mention that he was an old crush so no way in hell Imma feel embarrassed when he DOES ignore my friend request. But I hate acting a bit too old fashioned and expect him to add me first which was ridiculous since we don't even know each other and my friend and my sister told me that I'll never get to know him if I act like that. Not taking action.


But I did. I clicked that damn "Add as Friend" button and watched it turn from that to "Friend Request Sent". Well, I could only cross fingers, right? "He rarely goes online" I remember my good friend telling me. I didn't know he would reply my request the next day......and he actually didn't accept it. "OMG. This is what I'm scared of," I thought. I did some stupid risk only for it to fail. I don't blame the bloke; I ignore people all the time on Facebook but God, OUCH!


"What a jerk," my good friend told me. "Maybe he didn't see your request. Maybe it was hidden." But what I heard from another friend was different: "Ate, kung sabi dun ''Friend Requested'' e di ibig sabihin nun na-ignore ka nya." AND IT DID! ARGH! I don't hate the latter for her brutal honesty. I actually appreciated it but I did feel bummed he ignored me. She even offered to send a message to him that said "Fck U!!!!!" but I told her no...cause I wanted to fo it. LOLJK.


All of us have experienced that: Being rejected by your crush on Facebook. And it sucks. I remember having a bad mood and wishing how I just played it safe like I always did by not adding him. I know it's not a big deal but when it just happened you feel like you just wanna die. I remember listening to Loser by The Plasticines just to make me feel better(even though I'm not good at French). I remember how my Mom told me that I will forget about it.


...And I did. I actually did. Looking back, it's so stupid for me to feel awful about it. But then a lot could relate to me anyway. I forgot about it maybe a few days after it happened. My friends agree that it was my prof picture that drove him away so I changed my DP and realized it's kinda liberating to put on a pretty profile pic. But I did it for me and not for my ex-crush since that's so shallow naman to do it for someone else. Who would've known changing your prof pic can boost your ego? Because a lot of my friends liked that pic. I also said to myself that I should be happy he rejected me on Facebook because he (maybe)doesn't actually know me. Cause if he and I knew each other and he rejects me, that when I should feel bad. I was also glad that it was just Facebook because Facebook is nothing compared to one on one interaction. Ignoring your Friend request on FB is nothing compared to someone ignoring you in real life but either way, it shouldn't matter. That's the way it goes sometimes until you get the acceptance you long for from someone else. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's good that your are looking at the positive side. I had the same experience as you do. I sent a friendship request on facebook to this guy I like. He didn't reply. Well, anyway, facebook is for friendship only, but, if you get lucky and the guy likes you a lot, then,it might lead on a relationship more than being friends. However, if he is being a jerk and won't accept your friendship, the hell with him. Forget him and maybe a better one will come along your way that will treat you better than he does. Don't regret that he refused your friendship, it is his lost because he ignored a very special friendship you can offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks for those words, whoever you are. This really made my night. :D

    ReplyDelete