Saturday, January 15, 2011

My First Time (SSC HS Dance: Illusion 11/6/10)

This was written back in november 7 and was posted on my Facebook for my friends to see. :) Hehe. Share ko lang here but I had to edit this a bit


My First Time...TO ATTEND A PARTY. :|:|:| Ewan ko ba. Not a Children's party, though. A person who used to attend them a lot could only loathe them so much. If you know me, you''ll know the one word that seems to escape a lot on my mouth is "BAWAL"; Bawal this, bawal that(I wish my parents would say that word to me when I discovered CANDY, though. Now, I have two empty estates on my mouth that once housed two cavity-filled molars. Chewing was never the same again...).So for someone who is never allowed to attend parties(and date...and drink...and bah blah blah), suddenly getting the green light from me Dad was shocking and came at the worst time EVER(Puede ba yun? A day before the party, your Dad finally allows you to go. Naku, ano kaya susuotin ko noon?).



I decided not to tell any of my friends that I'm coming.All for these reasons:

1.I'm a high profile celebrity B-)

2....and I plan to go incognito B-|

3.I'm lying in the first two

4.Real reason na to: I didn't want people to expect so much on how I'll look like and what I'll use because of what I used to be before(sorry, truth to)

But I had to get tickets, noh. So I asked my best friend 3 days short of the party(even if my Dad was still thinking of whether I should go or not) but she gave her ticket to her cousin(bummer :P). She told me her friend Leanza would give her extra ticket na lang but obviously that didn't push through later on. So, around two people know. My close pal asked me out of curiosity if I would come but I could not lie naman diba? Total of people who knew: 5 (more or less).

BUT THE UNEXPECTED(BUT KINDA EXPECTED) HAPPENED: IT RAINED! IT STORMED! ARGGHH!!! Although I was more worried about getting flooded over here again than going to a party, I, well, was still worried about going to the party. It's getting canceled obviously. I remember my spirits were as down and dark as our house(na-brownout kasi).

But after two weeks and more angry weather to match the angry Bosconians(Because the guys from Don Bosco Makati were the most affected when Illusion got canceled. Even more than the Kulasas), NANDITO NA!!!! :D But it came with all sorts of dilemmas: my bestie didn't come(I almost didn't want to come because of that but I quickly reserved a ticket after she told me that), my stupid falsies were a dope(not worth the price. or maybe it's just the glue?), A run appeared on my tights(KAINIZZZZ, BUT DI RAW HALATA), I was running late and oh, it was literally pouring in my place(STORM NA NAMAN?! :|).

But the funny thing was, While I expected that once I get to SSC I'll be greeted with a blackboard saying "ILLUSION CANCELED" in Gate 6, it actually didn't rain in Manila. Kakatuwa naman yan. Tawa ako nang tawa sa taxi. XDDDD. But pinasensya ako ng driver and my brood. They thought na auti ako or something.

When I arrived, I saw Everyone was nicely dressed. My aesthetic in fashion is it's always better to under-dress than to overdress, but I never felt so plain and blah before. :P Skyscraper heels to match higher hemlines. Makeup so adventurous it gives my brown eyeliner and bare cheeks to shame. But I never was that kind of person, really. I mean, I CAN wear those things naman, but my Dad nearly didn't let me go because I was wearing a dress. A DRESS! IN A CO-ED PARTY! And makeup will always look good natural. Kawawa nga this one girl; her turquoise liner was bleeding from her lower rims and there's this other girl with matrona makeup. Kadiri. To think the latter is two years younger than me....

I spent the first half hour--which later ended up as something I'll do most of the time--of the party walking around, seeing if I can find my good friends. I walked around, breaking my Mom's party rule of never to look lost in a party(I will look ewan daw. Mukha rin ako tuloy teacher. :P May nagsabi pa sa akin. YOU GUYS MADE MY NIGHT. FU _|_).

Like in everyday life, Peeps say the darndest things too in parties. Some people found my English hard to comprehend(dude, I CAN SPEAK FILIPINO! But your expressions are priceless. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA). Others thought I got shorter('Cause you all got taller. duh). Some said I still sound the same(I have a sound? Anu kaya yun?). Others said I looked old(that's an insult. Mukha ba akong luma?).A lot found me pretty (Wuut???? Iba yun ah).

Those are some stuff people told me but I thought more about dancing. Eating was more essential(tummy hungry). I give up on what to choose between the two. I buy my Scramble and bring it to the dance floor. Bad Idea. My old seatmate spilled some of mine in my cotton cardigan when we were on the dance floor. I started thinking how much drinking wine was better than this(and I hate wine. :P) and how I wish my sister and brother was here(and I hate them :P).

The best thing back there sa Illusion is getting introduced to new people. My close friend's cousins and brother came along and they were nice even if I hate guys(I actually find it funny that I was shouting in her cousin's ear and he couldn't hear. XDDDD I'm not used to that). My other friends introduced me to their classmates. I never met the guy of my dreams: this little kid in a tie who chose to ignore me as my kasama laughed at my attempts to speak to him. One of my friend's dates(forgot his name and I'm very very sorry for that) is a "gentleman" she described. Halata sa ginagawa nya, man. Was he holding your jacket? Hmmmm.....gentlemanly nga.

These are some of the many things that happened. I never have any expectations for parties(though I expected that I won't see Jolibee dancing), but it was an okay night. I'd rather be there in the party than oh, I don't know; watching a rerun of Gossip Girl at home and doing chores I should've been doing? I hope this won't be the last party the HS SC does. I think its success complements the failure of what happened in Gate 6 after the party. :P(how the guards handled the madness after the party--FAIL. I mean there was this guard nga who still thinks I study in SSC and she wouldn't even let me out of the gate kahit nandun na ang sundo ko. Bummer) Sorry, just being brutal

No comments:

Post a Comment