Friday, January 20, 2012

Blushing

I never knew the powers of blush until a few months ago. I've always thought that blushes are a contradiction of what it claims to do: make you look rosy, glowing and..erm...blushing. I never used blush ons before because I though when one does, it's pretty obvious you've touched the stuff. Not good.


Sure, her makeup looks good here and the color of her blush is gorge, but you can tell she IS wearing blush.

I've liked cheekstains, too but the one time I went to the cinemas and darted to the ladies' room to go number 1 was enough for me to stop using them; my pores looked large and I looked old. My mirror at home must be playing games with me by showing how pretty I thought I looked but instead, every mirror I saw my reflection on showed otherwise.

So the only way I tried making my face look brighter was use lipstick and it works, yeah. But a revelation last year made me realize that I was wrong about blush.

I bought this blush a few months ago. I had a blush from that brand and I just wanted to buy another shade. I was planning to buy a bronze shade, actually, but I settled for this peachy beige blush. I remember the first time I used it, it changed my life forever. Never have I thought that a blush would make me look rosy, glowing and blushing. AND IT LOOKED NATURAL.

The blush that changed everything


So yeah. I started using this blush a lot to the point that I start using it often if not always in school. Do I have that fear that teachers will reprimand me? No. No one ever did. Instead, all I get is how I suddenly looked even prettier but they just can't quite put their finger on it.

I've always liked the fact that putting on lipstick makes you look done and ready, but putting a little blush makes you look like you're putting your best face forward. It's silly that I'm writting an entry dedicated to the life changing effects a little pot of blush has given me but then, who would want a story about little girly miracles? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Spot on! I like the flushed look too. I want to wear blush but I don't want to look to made up.

    Anyway, I noticed how cream blushes look so much more natural than powder or liquid ones.

    I love the cream blush by Bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream blushes? I've heard that they do nga give a natural flush. Maybe in the ber months when my skin isn'y so oily, I'll try them. And Bloom yung brand mo ha. Bongga naman. :)) The blush I use is only 99 pesos! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok yung bloom, years bago maubos. 2 years ata yung sakin. Ang sinunod ko yung Avon cheek stain, kaso, iba na sya ngayon, wala na yung roller ball type.

      What brand and where did you buy yours?

      Delete
    2. Jordana! The blush featured above--that's my go-to blush! It's so cheap but I never had any allergic reactions to it. And its quality is the best. :D I buy it at a Dollar Store! :)

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean... about blushes that can make you look old! Im glad you found one that is more suitable to you....

    ReplyDelete